Acupuncture is defined as the stimulation of one or more points on or near the surface of the body by the insertion of thin, sterile filaments to prevent or modify the perception of pain or to normalize physiological functions, including pain control, for the treatment of certain diseases or dysfunctions of the body. Acupuncture includes the techniques of electroacupuncture, cupping, and moxibustion.
As a holistic approach to health, the practice of the art and science of Asian medicine through acupuncture is intended to eliminate the fundamental causes of illness, not simply to remove symptoms, and to treat the whole person. [reference]
Acupuncturist’s in California are licensed to perform or prescribe the use of Asian massage (Anmo or Tuina), acupressure, breathing techniques (Chi Kung or Qigong), exercise, heat, cold, magnets, nutrition, diet, herbs, plant, animal, and mineral products, and dietary supplements to promote, maintain, and restore health. [reference]
“I use acupuncture and a variety of Traditional Oriental Medicine adjunctive methods including electrotherapy, tuina, moxibustion, cupping, herbs, and qigong to promote health and to effectively treat and prevent a variety of disorders.”
Top Reasons To Try Acupuncture
- Acupuncture helps awaken your body’s self-healing ability.
- … is preventive without negative side-effects.
- … treats holistically. You are treated as an individual.
- … treats stress AND 60% of doctor visits are for stress related issues.
- … is helpful with over 50 medical conditions including, pain, arthritis, allergy, anxiety, depression, headaches, etc.
- … complements and supports your medical treatments.
- … is painless and safe.
- … is affordable.
First time for acupuncture?
- Points located from knee to toe and elbow to finger are most frequently used. Wearing loose clothing will facilitate access to these areas.
- You should not be starving when you receive acupuncture, but should not be overly full either. Remember it’s about balance!
Acupuncture in South Pasadena at:
Happy Feet Massage
1118 Fair Oaks Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030